03 February 2012

Rainbow Dots

Hello ladies! After finishing the challenge, I had my nails take a break. I didn’t have enough time to actually paint them that is blog worthy. But I have something I did after that break. And this is what this post is all about. I just have to warn you that this might be a bit picture heavy. Well, at least in comparison to my other posts. Although I have done this weeks ago, I decided not to post it until after they announce the winner.

Caronia is an established nail polish brand here in the Philippines. They have been in the business as long as I can remember. They do have a monthly promotion wherein they give away lots of goodies for nail care and the likes. I enthusiastically join every month. Last month’s contest is to create a nail design that is inspired by dots, circle fruits or fireworks. I kept thinking on what to do. I remembered wanting to do the kiwi fruit. So I did.


I painted my nails the fruit when sliced and tried to do accent nails on how its “skin” looks like. But I wasn’t happy with how it turned out. Most of the people that see the design don’t even recognize it. So I decided this isn’t the one I’d like to enter in the contest

Then I’d thought of doing some dots.


I decided I wanted to do some rainbow colors. And with the help of a dotting tool, I was able to achieve the pattern I wanted. I really wanted to use a Caronia polish. So I used Caronia Brick Red. But the polish is dark and it isn’t really noticeable, especially on a black background. But when you look at it closely, you’ll be able to see them.


I love how the design turned out. Even though my spaces aren’t symmetrical and my circles aren’t of the same size, it still satisfies what I was trying to aim. So I’m pretty happy with it.


The contest requires taking pictures of our nails and it is also necessary that our faces are showing. So I had my sister take pictures of me. we had fun doing it that she took a couple of shots. Here it is.







And here is my entry.

This is the picture that showcases the nail design, because most of it requires you to zoom the picture for you to see it.

Unfortunately, I didn’t win the contest. But I will still be as happy to join each contest that they will hold every month with the hopes that one day, I will win a gift pack from them. 

5 comments:

  1. http://psychonails.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html <----- I tagged you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely manicures... don't be sad, you'll win next time ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm sure you enjoyed your mini photo shoot with your sister. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...