07 June 2012

Last Hurrah for Summer – Caronia Sweet Bliss Collection

 Warning, this post is long and a bit pic heavy.
Hi everyone! Did you miss me? I know I haven’t been active for quite some time now. Aside from my internet connection issues, I still have some personal matters that I have to deal with. I might not be able to post regularly yet, but I wanted to show you something before summer ends here.

Unlike other countries, Philippines only have two seasons, summer and Rainy (similar to fall for other regions). Summer is from the month of March until early June, or until our weather men advises us that it is already the start of rainy season. I’m not quite sure if they have already announced that but it has been raining for the past few days and we are already experiencing typhoons (which is actually normal here). But I wanted to catch up on my posting and since summer is just starting on other countries, so I will be showing you guys a summer collection from a local nail polish.

Caronia Philippines is an established local brand of nail polishes and nail care products. They have been in the industry as far as I can recall. Last year (2011), they launched a summer nail polish collection which is called the Sweet Bliss. I fell in love with the colors when I first saw it and I promised myself that I will complete the set. Baby Pink is the first polish that I bought. I then had On the Go and Sun kissed. I brought these babies on my vacation in Holland. Unfortunately, I have to leave them behind on my way home. I was able to grab the last three polishes to complete the set last September when I got back in Manila, but I had to wait for the other polishes so that I could show them to you. Last week, my mom sent me my nail polishes, so I was able to swatch those polishes and show these to you.

Caronia Sweet Bliss Collection

Caronia Sweet Bliss Collection
From left to right are Sweet Surprise, Sun Kissed, On the Go, First Crush, Summer Fling and Baby Pink. This post will be an all Caronia Manicure. I also used Caronia Cuticle Remover, Caronia Cuticle Sanitizer, Caronia Nail Hardener and Base Coat, Caronia Fast Dry Top Coat and Caronia Kwik-Dry and Cuticle oil.

Caronia Manicure Set


Caronia Baby Pink
This is Baby Pink, a light pink regular crème polish. I could still recall the first time I used this polish; it went on smoothly on two coats. Unfortunately, this photo does not show that. I suppose this is because this bottle is an old and the polish is a bit thick.

Caronia Baby Pink

If you would notice, it looks bumpy on my nails. That is because it is. On my nails are three thin coats. It’s a bit sheer so I had to go on three. But I can no longer make it even. I think I’d need to purchase new bottle. Did you notice that it is shiny? One thing I like about this polish is that I wouldn’t need a top coat to make it shiny. But I think I’d need those to make it even. No top coat was used for this polish but it look like it does. Over-all this polish is okay.

Caronia Summer Fling
This is Summer Fling. Summer Fling is the red crème polish, but it’s more on the pink tone. It looks pink to me than red, especially if you place it beside other reds, but it looks red if you place it beside pinks.

Caronia Summer Fling
One good thing about this polish is that it is a one-coater, although making it two wouldn’t harm as well. On my nails is one medium coat. Application is a breeze and the consistency id okay; not too thick, not too thin as well.

Caronia Summer Fling

This bright red-pink polish is also shiny that it does not need top coat. Here’s a closer look on my thumb.
Caronia Summer Fling

Caronia Sun Kissed
Next one is Sun Kissed, this is one of my favorites in the collection. It’s a yellow-orange regular crème polish. I’m starting to think that I have a love-hate relationship with oranges. I’m not really fond of orange but this has become an exception. I love the color on my nails.

Caronia Sun Kissed
I did not have problems with the application. All you need is two thin coats and you’re good to go. Just like the first two polishes, this is also shiny by itself.

Caronia Sweet Surprise

I know you guys already know Sweet Surprise. I already made a review on this one a few months back. If not, you can see it here.

Sweet Surprise is a bright yellow frosted polish. This is the only polish in the collection that is not crème. The glitters are so tiny that it’s not so visible. It looks like a regular crème to me.

Caronia Sweet Surprise

On my nails is two thin coats. I didn’t have issues applying the polish. It also shines by itself without the use of a top coat.

Caronia Sweet Surprise
Caronia First Crush
Our second to the last baby is First Crush. You might’ve seen it on my Purple Plaid post. Looking back, I saw that I promised to make a review and swatch of this polish. I know it took me quite sometime to do that.

Caronia First Crush

First Crush is my favorite among the six polishes. It is a lavender crème polish. This is a good one coater. But I would suggest using two if you intend to put on top coat. On my nails is one medium coat without top coat. Application went on smoothly and the consistency is just right.

Caronia On the Go

And last but definitely not the least is my second favorite, On the Go. I already swatched this on my Tumblr account but haven’t written anything about it yet.

Caronia On the Go
On the Go is a teal crème polish. It’s pigmented that you only need one medium coat to achieve bottle color. I’m happy with the formula since it did not became thick even after a long time, unlike my Baby Pink. No problem with the application and shine okay without top coat.

After finishing all those swatches, I decided I’d use them altogether. I didn’t want to do the nail swirl, so I decided I’d do a gradient instead. I started on with different colors on my nails.

Sweet Bliss Skittles

Sweet Bliss Skittles

I find those bright summer colors very lovely on my hands that I actually considered not using any design anymore. But at the same time, I find it boring so I still went and do some sponging on the tips. Here’s the final result.

Sweet Bliss Gradient
On my thumb is First Crush and On the Go, on my index is Sweet Surprise and First Crush, on my middle finger is Sun Kissed and Sweet Surprise, on my ring finger is Summer Fling and Sun Kissed and on the pinky is Summer Fling and Baby Pink. (First colors are based color sponged with the second color)

Sweet Bliss Gradient

Here’s how my non-dominant hand looked like. On thumb is Sun Kissed and Baby Pink, on my index is First Crush and Sun Kissed, on my middle finger is Summer Fling and First Crush, on my ring finger is Sweet Surprise and Summer Fling and on the pinky is On the Go and Sweet Surprise. (Again, first color is the base, sponged with the second color)

Here’s a closer look


I’m not that happy with how this turned out. It’s so bumpy. All those “fibers” from the sponge were left on my nails. This is kind of unusual since my other <hp>sponge designs didn’t end up like this. I should’ve left the bright skittles. But it’s too late for that. Here are other shots of the gradient.

Sweet Bliss Gradient

Sweet Bliss Gradient

So that’s it for this post. I really hope to be back on track, but I guess it would take a couple more weeks for me to be able to post regularly. But I’ll try my best to post every now and then in between.
Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. :) I'm heading out to your site now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love On the Go and First Crush!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    http://simplejoyofpolish.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bo! thanks for dropping by. I want those colors but sad to say I can't find them here. I only have the baby pink the rest I'm still searching.

    I'm adding your blog on my site and I'm following you.. hope you can do the same. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...