30 January 2012

Day 31 – Recreate your Favorite Challenge

Day 31 – Recreate your Favorite Challenge

Hello! Today will be the day the challenge bids farewell to all of us. And for Day 31’s rules is to Recreate your Favorite Challenge.

But before I do that, I just want to share with you the gift I received from my sister last New Year.


This pack includes Sassy 2 way Nail Art Pen in Black, Bobbie Purple Passion and Chic Missy Daisy. I looove all of those and can’t wait to try all of them.

So going back to the challenge, I decided to recreate Day 17 which is glitters. This day isn’t my favorite. But I decided I’d do this for two reasons. One is because I wanted to make up for not posting a better glitter polish and two, so that I’ll have a reason to use my new polish.

I thought I’d use Bobbie Purple Passion. Purple Passion is a very pale purple polish with tons of micro holographic glitters. Here’s how they look like inside the bottle.


Aren’t they lovely? I fell in love the moment I saw it. I tried putting it as it is. But the polish is so sheer that even 3 coats can’t make it opaque. I decided to put a base color instead.


See what I mean? I used Essence Got a Secret as the base color. And even at this angle, you can see the shining shimmering splendid holo glitters. Got a Secret is a gray polish but it started looking like lavender after using Purple Passion. The formula is super okay and application is a breeze. I had 2 coats of Got a Secret and two coats of Purple Passion. One more good thing about this is that it dries quickly and not as thick. I remember my other Bobbie polish will feel thick on my nails.

Here’s a better look at the glitter goodness.


And a closer look.


I think this polish would work well if it will be used like a top coat. I will try to use this on top of different colors one of these days. The polish is so awesome that I cannot stop staring at my nails even the day after (I decided not to remove it yet). These photos do not even give justice on how splendid this polish is. And for just PHP35 (approximately US$0.81), this polish is totally worth it.


What do you guys think?

3 comments:

  1. For some reason, this reminds me of Lisa Frank! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure if that's a compliment. haha! But if it is, thanks. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...