15 December 2011

Day 15 – Delicate Print

Hello everyone. We’re almost halfway through this challenge. For this day, our theme is Delicate Print.

I have been following Chalkboard Nails, The NailasaurusNails and Noms and Let Them Have Polish’s 31 Day Challenge to get some ideas and inspiration. I did have a hard time trying to figure out what to do for today. All the three others used stamping which I don’t have while Chalkboard Nails drew a henna tattoo. Despite the fact that I found their designs very awesome, I can not seem to get it done on my nails.

I started using Mr. Google to give me more suggestions. Lo and behold, he provided me tons of stamping designs. I thought of doing some lace design, but I don’t know how to start. After a couple more clicks, I finally found what I’m looking for.



This lace design is based on mynailsaredope’s tutorial. Although it is very detailed and would take a lot of time, I find her tutorial easy to follow.



I used 3 coats of Lycra Flex Astor as base color. It’s kinda sheer that’s why I have to use three coats to make it opaque. I’ve thought of doing white nails but my white nail art brush is nowhere to be found, so I ended up doing red nails. I still find it cute. In the tutorial, it says that you have to use rhinestones, but I don’t have one so I just used a dotting tool and some metallic nail polish in the middle. Here’s a closer look on how the lace looks like.



I love how it turned out. Although I missed on putting dots inside those semicircles, I still think I made a good job on this one.

Would this pass for delicate print?

Colors used:

Lycra Flex Astor
Sassy Nail Art Brush Red
Essence Nail Art Magnetics Magic Wand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...