23 December 2011

Day 22 – Inspired by a Song

Hi guys! This is supposed to be up yesterday. But i had issues with the internet connection.

Anyway, We’re moving very fast on the challenge, seems like it was just yesterday.  We’re already on Day 22. And what I have for you are nails that are Inspired by a Song.

While most of the other “challengers” opted for pop music, I decided to do some classic.

Let me share a trivia and a random fact about me before I show you today’s mani. I’m the kind of person who tends to listen to the same kind of music/song for a long period of time. While most people my age are more likely to be inclined with pop music or anything that is recent, I prefer to listen to songs from years ago. Hence, the oldies song mani.

It was actually my eldest sister who suggested the song and I thought it was a good idea.



The song of Bryan Hyland, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, inspires this design.

Let’s have a close up on each nails.

It was an itsy, bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini,
that she wore for the first time today.
I want to start off with my ring finger which showcases the title of the song. I used Essence Perfectly True as base color. I outlined the shape of a two piece bikini using Sassy Nail Art Brush Black then filled it up with Elianto Yellow. And with the help of a dotting tool, I used Caronia Black Velvet to create the polka dots.

She was afraid to come out of the locker, she was as nervous as she could be.
On my thumb is a literal interpretation of a locker (the one you put your things in for safekeeping). Although I know that the song pertains to a locker where you change clothes and stuff, I find it hard to draw that in my nails. So I decided to do some representation.

I used Essence Got a Secret as base color and Sassy Nail Art Brush Black to outline the borders and the locker’s handle.

She was afraid to come out in the open,
so a blanket around her she wore.
On my index is a plaid blanket, it’s actually a common print for blanket here in our country. But I’m not sure if the same goes for different countries.

I used Caronia First Crush as base color and LA Art Deco in Yellow and Violet for the plaid. You might’ve seen this design before.

So she sat bundled up on the shore …
now she’s afraid to come out of the water.
On the middle finger is the view of the beach. I’m not sure if it does look like a beach to you, but it does for me.

I used SanSan Warm Blue  as base color. I then sponged in the sand and water using Bobbie Touch of Tan and Neon Blue, respectively. I drew in the clouds with Essence Perfectly True using a dotting tool.

So, that’s it for today. Thank you for dropping by. As always, feel free to leave a comment.

Colors used:
Essence Got a Secret
Sassy Nail Art Brush Black
Caronia First Crush
LA Art Deco Yellow
LA Art Deco Violet
SanSan Warm Blue
Bobbie Touch of Tan
Neon Blue
Essence Perfectly True
Elianto Yellow
Caronia Black Velvet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...